All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA must-have primer for homeowners and professionals, this impressive book presents the first comprehensive survey of its kind on how to achieve truly compatible, stylistically resonant additions and revations. From exploring How Do Houses Grow? to Getting the Details Right, it guides readers through typical projects and issues, such as finding more space within an existing footprint or blending in new windows or dormers without destroying historic character. The authors' expert perspective on dealing with historic buildings brings new ideas on design as well as problem-solving techlogies, like compact water heaters. Also included is advice on meshing sustainable building practices, such as geothermal heating, with an already built house (the greenest house there is). Richly illustrated with color photos, plans, and drawings from nationally recognized architects, this book shares analysis and experience from two of the nation's most respected old-house professionals.
- Author BiographyMark Alan Hewitt, FAIA, an architectural historian and preservation architect, lives in Bernardsville, New Jersey. Gordon Bock, the longtime editor of Old-House Journal, lives and works in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Author(s)Gordon Bock,Mark Alan Hewitt
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication22/07/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note200 black-and-white illustrations
- Weight1330 g
- Width267 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.