Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $21.93Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Ella Turner and Isabelle du Moulin two women born centuries apart, yet bound by a fateful family legacy. When Ella and her husband move to a small town in France, Ella hopes to brush up on her French, qualify to practice as a midwife, and start a family of her own. Village life turns out to be less idyllic than she expected, however, and a peculiar dream of the color blue propels her on a quest to uncover her family s French ancestry. As the vel unfolds alternating between Ella s story and that of Isabelle du Moulin four hundred years earlier a common thread emerges that unexpectedly links the two women. Part detective story, part historical fiction, The Virgin Blue is a vel of passion and intrigue that compels readers to the very last page.
- Author BiographyI was born and grew up in Washington, DC. After getting a BA in English from Oberlin College (Ohio), I moved to London, England in 1984. I intended to stay 6 months; I m still here. As a kid I d often said I wanted to be a writer because I loved books and wanted to be associated with them. I wrote the odd story in high school, but it was only in my twenties that I started writing real stories, at night and on weekends. Sometimes I wrote a story in a couple evenings; other times it took me a whole year to complete one. Once I took a night class in creative writing, and a story I d written for it was published in a London-based magazine called Fiction. I was thrilled, even though the magazine folded 4 months later.I worked as a reference book editor for several years until 1993 when I left my job and did a year-long MA in creative writing at the University of East Anglia in Norwich (England). My tutors were the English novelists Malcolm Bradbury and Rose Tremain. For the first time in my life I was expected to write every day, and I found I liked it. I also finally had an idea I considered big enough to fill a novel. I began The Virgin Blue during that year, and continued it once the course was over, juggling writing with freelance editing. An agent is essential to getting published. I found my agent Jonny Geller through dumb luck and good timing. A friend from the MA course had just signed on with him and I sent my manuscript of The Virgin Blue mentioning my friend s name. Jonny was just starting as an agent and needed me as much as I needed him. Since then he s become a highly respected agent in the UK and I ve gone along for the ride. Tracy Chevalier is the New York Times bestselling author of six previous novels, including Girl with a Pearl Earring, which has been translated into thirty-nine languages and made into an Oscar-nominated film. Her latest novel is The Last Runaway. Born and raised in Washington, D.C., she lives in London with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Tracy Chevalier
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Weight313 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.