All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- Description'The Virtuous Spiral is without doubt a most welcome addition to the body of kwledge that will continue to be highly valued in the NGO sector.' Ezra Limiri Mbogori, Director, Mwelekeo wa NGO (MWENGO), Harare 'Fowler demonstrates how development NGOs can engage in a virtuous spiral of performance-based learning that regenerates public trust. This is a timely book, dealing squarely with the confidence crisis faced by many NGOs in the South and North.' Louk De La Rive Box, Director, European Centre for Development Policy Management, Maastricht Sustainability is crucial for all institutions involved in international development. This work offers practical guidance on how to achieve it. There are three main kinds of sustainability and a section of the book is devoted to each: making the impact of the organization's work sustainable, ensuring continuity of funding, and making the organization itself sustainable to remain viable. Achieving all three creates a virtuous spiral. The book takes an organizational rather than a technical or impact-based approach to sustainability. It is based on extensive international research and offers many practical examples of sustainability and the difficult trade-offs involved.
- Author BiographyAlan Fowler is a consultant, analyst and writer, currently resident in Ethiopia. For over 20 years he has worked with international development NGOs in Africa, Asia and the United States as manager, consultant, researcher, Ford Foundation Programme Officer and Visiting Fellow at The World Bank and the Society for Participatory Research in Asia, New Delhi. He is co-founder of the International NGO Training and Research and Centre (INTRAC) and a Director of the International Society for Third Sector Research. His popular book on enhancing NGO effectiveness, Striking a Balance, has been translated into Spanish, Russian and French.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteTables
- Weight430 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlan Fowler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.