All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Visible, we enter into a surreal landscape where it is neither day r night / but both at once, where light becomes an imaginative force that both illuminates and obscures. The illegible draws us closer to the page-the visible revealed, paradoxically, by what we cant see. Though these formally restrained poems possess an abstract and introspective intensity, Bond grounds them in the everyday. Both vivid and speculative, the chiseled lyrics breathe. In My Mother's Closet, the pages of medical books become holy and horrendous, soiled at the corners, the mind's / terrific passages shocked with highlight, / glossed with scratches in a mother's hand.
- Author BiographyBruce Bond is the author of seven previous poetry collections including Blind Rain, and most recently, Peal. He is Regents Professor of English at the University of North Texas.
- Author(s)Bruce Bond
- PublisherLSU Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLSU Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.