All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Vision Revolution, Mark Changizi, prominent neuroscientist and vision expert, addresses four areas of human vision and provides explanations for why we have those particular abilities, complete with a number of full-color illustrations to demonstrate his conclusions and to engage the reader. Written for both the casual reader and the science buff hungry for new information, The Vision Revolution is a resource that dispels commonly believed perceptions about sight and offers answers drawn from the field's most recent research. Changizi focuses on four why questions: 1. Why do we see in color? 2. Why do our eyes face forward? 3. Why do we see illusions? 4. Why does reading come so naturally to us? The Vision Revolution explores phemena such as cyclopses, peeking and many more you hadn't even thought to wonder about. Changizi shows how deeply involved these evolutionary aspects of our vision are in why we see the way we do--and what the future holds for us. The Vision Revolution is a book that finally gives attention to what before has been largely neglected by other works on human vision--a book that looks at the why.
- Author BiographyMark Changizi is an assistant professor of cognitive science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. His research areas tend to concern the evolutionary function and design principles governing complex behaviors, perceptions and organisms. His first book appeared in 2003 and is called The Brain from 25,000 Feet: High Level Explorations of Brain Complexity, Perception, Induction and Vagueness (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht). Dr. Changizi is the first author on 25 journal articles in diverse topics, and his research has been in more than 75 media outlets worldwide, including Time, Newsweek, USA Today, Discover, New Scientist, Financial Times, Daily Telegraph, Scientific American, The Times of London, Natural History, Reuters, ABC News, MSNBC, Fox News, Gehirn & Geist Magazine, Bild der Wissenschaft, Der Standard, Rhein Zeitung, Die Presse, Die Welt, De Morgen, Suddeutsche Zeitung, NRC Handelsblad, Internet Haber, Spiegel and Arzte Zeitung. He has also appeared as a guest on the CBC News' As It Happens radio show.
- Author(s)Mark A. Changizi
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication11/05/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content Note16 color illustrations, B&W illustrations throughout, charts throughout
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.