All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionCornwall. 1880. Pearl, Jack and Nicholas play among the fishing boats of Skommow Bay, t understanding the undercurrents beneath their games. As they grow older, the choices they make shape the pattern of their lives. 1936 and everything has changed. The fish have stopped coming and the Pilchard Palace is abandoned. Pearl, exiled in favour of holidaymakers, turns to the memory of her great love, and her greatest loss. She's waiting for her own visitor. Will he come for her? The sea's ghosts are stirring. The past can be more alive than the present...The fictional village in which the vel is set is based on St Ives. The Visitor is a vel steeped in the coast and people of Cornwall. It shivers and flashes with visions as elusive as the fish at the centre of its story.
- Author BiographyKatherine Stansfield was born in 1983 and grew up on Bodmin Moor in Cornwall. She moved to Wales in 2002 to study at Aberystwyth University where she now works as a lecturer in Creative Writing. She is also an associate member of the Institute of Cornish Studies at Exeter University. Her poetry has appeared in Cheval, the anthology of commended entries to the Terry Hetherington award for Young Writers. Her first book of poems, Playing House , will be published by Seren in 2014. The Visitor is her first novel.
- Author(s)Katherine Stansfield
- PublisherParthian Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCardigan
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParthian Books
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.