All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Visual Dictionary Architectural Design Box Set contains three Visual Dictionaries which provide the reader with an enhanced understanding of over 750 key terms commonly used within architecture, interior design and photography. Each title contains historical and contemporary illustrations throughout. For architects and interior designers, photography and its language is a useful tool in terms of research. For photographers, an understanding of architectural styles - and the associated vocabulary - can be invaluable when discussing and analysing photographs of buildings and urban landscapes. The illustrations which accompany each definition, many of which are photographs, provide inspiration for new projects focusing on buildings and their interiors. Many of those who work within these fields will also find that they have a strong interest or skill in the other, as one thing architects, interior designers and photographers have in common is an ability to see possibilities in their surroundings. From 'fresco' to 'frieze', 'photogram' to 'perspective', this box set will prove an enjoyable and useful resource to all those interested in the applied visual arts. The three dictionaries come neatly presented in an arlin-covered slipcase.
- Author BiographyGavin Ambrose is a practising graphic designer. His current commercial practice includes clients from the arts sector, publishers and advertising agencies. Paul Harris is a freelance writer and editor. His work has appeared extensively in magazines and journals on both sides of the Atlantic. Graeme Brooker is Programme Leader of the Interior Design courses at the Manchester Metropolitan University. Sally Stone is Director of the College of Continuity in Architecture, Manchester School of Architecture. Michael Coates lectures in contextual and critical studies at the School of Design, Manchester Metropolitan University. David Prakel runs photographic training workshops in Northumberland, UK. He has enjoyed a successful and diverse career in journalism, photography and education and has taught at all academic levels in both the UK and the US as well as at the prestigious Kodak Imaging Training Centre in Harrow, London.
- Author(s)David Prakel,Gavin Ambrose,Graeme Brooker,Michael Coates,Paul Harris,Sally Stone
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- Series TitleVisual Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationLausanne
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAVA Publishing SA
- Out-of-print date27/01/2017
- Content Note750
- Weight1403 g
- Width133 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine91 mm
- Contained items statement3 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.