All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Visual Dictionary of Typography is a guide to the many and varied terms used within typography. Arranged alphabetically from abstraction to x-height and blackletter to widow, each term is explained and contextualized with illustrations. More than 250 typographical terms are included. From practical terms such as accents, bitmap and classification to movements and styles such as constructivism, De Stijl, modernism and Swiss typography, this book contains both modern termilogy and traditional terms still in current usage. The Visual Dictionary of Typography is an easy-to-use reference that will prove invaluable to anyone interested in typography.
- Author BiographyGavin Ambrose is a practising graphic designer whose client base includes the arts sector, galleries, publishers and advertising agencies. He has written and designed several books on graphic design, branding and packaging. Paul Harris studied at the London College of Communication and has gone on to become a freelance writer and editor. His work has appeared extensively in magazines and journals on both sides of the Atlantic, including style bible Dazed & Confused.
- Author(s)Gavin Ambrose,Paul Harris
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/10/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleVisual Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationLausanne
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAVA Publishing SA
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width122 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.