All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is inspired by the third seminar in a cycle connected to the celebrations of the 150th anniversary of the Politecnico di Mila (July 2013). Educating by Image. Teaching Styles vs Learning Styles was the motto of this meeting. The contributions (coming from lectures, the poster session, interviews and round table) aim to propose an updated look at visual education, highlighting how digital tools and networks have profoundly affected the representational styles of the teachers and the cognitive styles of the learners, while at the same time reaffirming the importance of the interaction between the two groups. As Herbert Alexander Simon once said, Learning results...only from what the student does and thinks ; therefore the teacher can advance learning only by influencing what the student does to learn . That is mean feat if we consider that, according to Benjamin Samuel Bloom, visual education t only involves the pure cognition, but also the affective and the psychomotor domains, t to mention the social aspects. This is why, alongside some theoretical and historical retrospectives, the contributions recommend a continuous revision of what and how could be included in the academic curricula, also in connection with secondary schools, the professional world, targeted Lifelong Learning Programmes for students and teachers. The volume includes an interview with the science journalist and writer Piero Angela.
- Author BiographyProf. Luigi Cocchiarella Associate Professor, Department of Architettura e Studi Urbani (DASTU), School of Architettura e Societa (Architecture and Society), since 1999 at the Politecnico di Milano, Italy. Member of the Department Board of the Department of Architecture and Urban Studies. Vice-President of the Bachelor in Architectural Science of the School of Architettura e Societa Member of the Unione Italiana Disegno (UID). Member of the Board of Regents of the International Society for Geometry and Graphics (ISGG).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 62 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight461 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLuigi Cocchiarella
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.