All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe general explanation for the cause of arthritis is that over time, our joints simply wear out - that is, the cartilage that lubricates the ends of the bones simply gets worn thinner and thinner until one bone wars directly on ather, causing pain and lowering our quality of life. It stands to reason that wear and tear is responsible for some of the damage. It is considered a progressive disease, meaning that once the symptoms are diagsed, they tend to get worse. Yet arthritis can be reversed. The process of degradation and regrowth in a joint is a dynamic process that continues throughout life. Arthritis results when the joint does t recover from damage. Most people may t realise it, but they have a direct influence on the current and future health of their joints through their nutritional behaviour. With the proper kwledge, we can prevent degeneration from taking hold by improving our body's regeneration processes. This book offers natural weapons we can use to defend and protect our joints from the destructive effects of poor nutrition and time. This clear, readable book describes the composition of joints and how they work within the body: how rmal, healthy joints are supported and what can go wrong. It describes the degenerative diseases that affect joints and explains the basis of orthomolecular (natural, megavitamin) medicine from a scientific perspective. There are several types of arthritis, but they all involve degeneration of the joints and tissues surrounding them. This book covers the different types, Including: * Osteoarthritis (OA) * Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) * Gout * Arthritis caused by infections or inflammation, such as Borreliosis (Lyme Disease), fibromyalgia and psoriasis * And more. THE VITAMIN CURE FOR ARTHRITIS explains each form of arthritis and current and new medical treatments for them. More importantly, it describes the nutritional approach to help sufferers prevent further progress of the disease and even reverse it.
- Author BiographyRobert Smith received his doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania and is a research scientist focusing on the physiology and function of neural circuits. He is an expert in the physiology and biophysical properties of neurons and in constructing realistic biophysical computational models of neural circuits of the retina. He has, also, studied nutrition and its importance for preventing age-related disease. Dr. Smith has written many research articles published in scientific journals, has served on review panels for grant applications to the National Institutes for Health and is a regular attendee at international retina and vision conferences. He recently wrote the book The Vitamin Cure for Eye Disease about preventing progressive eye diseases through the use of excellent nutrition.
- Author(s)Robert Smith
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.