All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published separately, Weber's Science as a Vocation and Politics as a Vocation stand as the classic formulations of his positions on two related subjects that go to the heart of his thought: the nature and status of science and its claims to authority; and the nature and status of political claims and the ultimate justification for such claims. Together in this volume, these newly translated lectures offer an ideal point of entry into Weber's central project: understanding how, as Weber put it, in the West alone there have appeared cultural manifestations [that seem to] go in the direction of universal significance and validity.
- Author BiographyDavid Owen is Reader in Politics and Deputy Director of the Centre for Post-Analytic Philosophy, University of Southampton. Tracy B. Strong is Professor of Political Science, University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Max Weber
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edited byDavid S. Owen,Tracy B. Strong
- Translated byRodney Livingstone
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.