All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Maverick's surf point near Half Moon Bay, California, has long been one of the most dangerous places in the world to catch a ride. It is also the site of the Super Bowl of big wave surfing: the Maverick's Surf Contest. In The Voodoo Wave, Mark Kreidler takes readers inside the waves, inside the lives of the competitors, and introduces them to Jeff Clark, the man who first dared to ride Maverick's. Kreidler's riveting account of the 2010 season captures the jaw-dropping performance of South Africa's Chris Bertish-who bested twenty-three other surfers amid the biggest waves many had ever seen-as well as Clark's clashes with the contest's newly corporatized management. A thrilling account of the culture of high-risk, high-adrenaline athletes, The Voodoo Wave is also an amazing story of what happens when love of the endeavor collides with the realities of business in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyMark Kreidler is a sportswriter and columnist who frequently contributes to ESPN.com and ESPN: The Magazine. He is the author of Four Days to Glory and Six Good Innings and lives in Davis, California.
- Author(s)Mark Kreidler
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication25/10/2011
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note8 pages of black-and-white photographs
- Weight420 g
- Width150 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.