All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis book engages a truly international group of distinguished Bion scholars, offering a wide variety of contemporary clinical and theoretical explorations and extensions of the seminal work of Wilfred Bion. Readers will discover personal accounts of contacts with Bion and his ideas, including an extensive report of an analysis with Bion, as well as previously unpublished supervisions that Bion conducted in Brazil in the 1970s, with commentaries by contemporary analysts. The book also includes detailed case reports and theoretical discussions on a wide variety of topics including autism, psychosomatics, representation, field theory, psychosis and truth; and essays on Sense, Myth and Passion, the late papers, groups and aesthetics.For both experienced analysts and candidates, for those already familiar with Bion and for neophytes, The Bion Tradition should serve as an essential and up-to-date resource for study, thought and exploration.
- Author BiographyGiuseppe Civitarese is a psychiatrist and training and supervising analyst of the Italian Psychoanalytic Society (SPI) and a member of the of the American Psychoanalytic Association. He lives and is in private practice in Pavia, Italy. He is the editor of the 'Rivista di Psicoanalisi', the official journal of the SPI. Howard B. Levine is a member of the faculty at the Psychoanalytic Institute of New England East, a member of the faculty and supervising analyst at the Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis, and is in private practice in Brookline, Massachusetts. He is a founding member of the Group for the Study of Psychoanalytic Process and the Boston Group for Psychoanalytic Studies, Inc.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication31/12/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Lines of Development - Evolution of Theory and Practice Over the Decades Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight998 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byGiuseppe Civitarese,Howard B. Levine
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.