The Walkers' Anthology: A Collection of Short Extracts from More Than 50 Literary Figures by Trailblazer Publications (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost every author who has ever written has had something to say on the subject of walking. In this anthology, Deborah Manley has drawn on the writings of more than 50 literary figures from around the world - Bill Bryson, Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens, Daniel Defoe, Peter Fleming, Rudyard Kipling, Patrick Leigh Fermor, Eric Newby, George Orwell, JB Priestley, Bayard Taylor, Robert Louis Stevenson, HD Thoreau, Colin Thubron and Mark Twain among many others. The book is divided into 10 themed chapters - Setting Out, Through Countryside, Processions and Marches, Pilgrimages and Walking for Work, Walking in Winter, On Hills and Mountains, Walking in Parks and Gardens, Walking by Water, Walking in Towns and Cities and Walking at Night. Brief biographies of all the writers quoted are included plus a complete bibliography for all the books quoted.
- Author BiographyDeborah Manley has lived in India, Canada, Austria and Nigeria. She worked as an editor of education books and has compiled anthologies on Malta, the Nile and the Trans-Siberian Railway. She is the co-author of the biography of the early 19th century traveller and diplomat, Henry Salt, and has also written articles for the Guinness Book of Records 1492: The World Five Hundred Years Ago. She now lives in Oxford.
- PublisherTrailblazer Publications
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationHindhead, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrailblazer Publications
- Weight315 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDeborah Manley
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.