All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo fast friends conquered their world, and settled down...until one of them got bored. When a goddess calls, a sane man, an ordinary man, would igre her. But Marist, son of Marist, High King of all Calandra, is far from an ordinary man. What Marist wants, Marist will have. Cities, kingdoms...immortality. Dillan-Rhis, Duke of Esdragon, finds harm in joining his old friend for one last glorious adventure. The duke does t believe that the king is called. He does t understand that his own dreams are anything more than dreams. Nor does he suspect that he is followed by a small black wolf with a scar on her se...Wyndasha, a shape-shifter whose dead grandmother's voice ceaselessly instructs her to chase destiny. Dillan-Rhis is a good friend, a brilliant commander, a competent ruler, chosen master of the warhorse Valadan. Since first they met, he has ridden at Marist's side, unquestioning. Nothing will part them. Not raging rivers, t wild beasts, t earthquakes. Can Rhis save his friend from himself? Will Marist find that he has limits at last? Will Wyndasha chase her destiny to its end?
- Author BiographyIt's been a busy year or so! I now have several books available on both Kindle and Nook, I have a website and a blog, and soon The Wandering Duke-the fourth Warhorse of Esdragon book-will be in print for the first time. No Art without Obsession. I do believe that. You don't get The Lord of the Rings by setting out to write a killer sequel. You get it when a linguist loves his imaginary language so much that he makes up the people who would speak it and the world they'd live in, and the politics and perils that beset them. And you keep at your obsession for years on end, against all advice and opposition. My writer's journey started early. Anything that looked like a book was fair game-notebooks, outdated diaries, composition books. I printed them neatly in pencil, I drew illustrations. I made little dust jackets. I grew up, started working in advertising, wrote my first real books, which began to appear from Del Rey Books in 1981.And time marched on. The books went out of print, and I got my rights reverted. Missing Tristan, I re-wrote his trilogy from one end to the other. When traditional publishing was underwhelmed by the notion of a rewritten trilogy, I brought the books out as e-books. When I decided to bring them out in physical form via CreateSpace, I was able to do something I'd always longed to do-I painted my own covers. So now you all get to see what my characters really look like! Now, for Warhorse of Esdragon, I have designed a really cool graphic, the Warhorse Wheel. Watch for it as the other books in this series appear!
- Author(s)Susan Dexter
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.68
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.