The Wandering Thought of Hannah Arendt: 2016 by Hans-Jorg Sigwart (Hardback, 2016)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book interprets Hannah Arendt's work as a wandering type of political theory. Focusing on the sub-text of Arendt's writings which questions how to think adequately in political theory whilst categorically refraining from explicitly investigating meta-theoretical questions of epistemology and methodology, the book characterizes her theorizing as an oscillating movement between the experiential positions of philosophy and politics, and by its distinctly multi-contextual perspective. In contrast to the t of this world attitude of philosophy, the book argues that Arendt's political theory is of this world . In contrast to politics, it refrains from being at home in any particular part of this world and instead wanders between the multiple horizons of the many different political worlds in time and space. The book explores how these two decisive motives of Arendt's theoretical self-perception majorly influence her epistemological, methodological and rmative frame of reference and inspire her understanding of major concepts, including politics, judgment, understanding, nature, and space.
- Author BiographyHans-Jorg Sigwart is Senior Lecturer in Political Theory at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany. He has held guest professorships, fellowships and research visits at Central European University, Budapest, Hungary; Duke University, USA; Hoover Institute at Stanford University, USA; Louisiana State University USA; University of Darmstadt, Germany; and, University of Damascus, Syria. His publications include books on the political thought of Hannah Arendt, John Dewey, and Eric Voegelin.
- Author(s)Hans-Jorg Sigwart
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/09/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleGlobal Political Thinkers
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Notebiography
- Weight339 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.