Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJanuary, 1920. Young Englishwoman Margaret Dalton is full of excitement as she arrives in Sydney to begin a new life in the warm, golden land of Australia. She leaves behind the horrors of WWI and can't wait to see her husband, Frank, after two years of separation. But when Margaret's ship docks, Frank isn't there to greet her and Margaret is informed that he already has a wife ...Devastated, Margaret must make a new life for herself in this strange city, but she soon falls in love with its vibrant harbour, sweeping ocean and clean sea breezes. A growing friendship with army sergeant Tom McBride gives her a steady person to rely on. But just as Margaret and Tom begin to grow closer, news arrives that Frank may t have abandoned her. Will Margaret's life be thrown upside down once again? And where should her loyalties lie: with the old life or with the new? Inspired by the true stories of war wives who arrived in Australia, THE WAR BRIDE is a gorgeously romantic, inspiring story of love and forgiveness, of healing hurts past, and of making a new home for yourself on the other side of the world, by the author of THE SOLDIER'S WIFE.
- Author BiographyPamela is an award-winning author for both adults and children. She has a Doctorate of Creative Arts from the University of Technology, Sydney, where she has also lectured in creative writing. Under the name Pamela Freeman she wrote the historical novel THE BLACK DRESS, which won the NSW Premier's History Prize for 2006 and is now in its third edition. Pamela is also well known for her fantasy novels for adults, published by Orbit worldwide, the Castings Trilogy and her Aurealis Award-winning novel EMBER AND ASH. Pamela lives in Sydney with her husband and their son, and teaches at the Australian Writers' Centre. THE SOLDIER'S WIFE is her twenty-eighth book.
- Author(s)Pamela Hart
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight245 g
- Width134 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- pkim763514 May, 2017by
A good read!
It's just so interesting to read about Sydney in the 1920s.
Verified purchase: No
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.