All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionAs he did with his much lauded Nelson's Trafalgar, Roy Adkins (w writing with wife Lesley) again thrusts readers into the perils and thrills of early-nineteenth-century warfare. From its very first page, this is an adventure story?a superb account of the naval war that lasted from Napoleon's seizure of power in 1798 to the War of 1812 with the United States. Providing a ringside seat to the decisive battles, as well as detailed and vivid portraits of sailors and commanders, press-gangs, prostitutes, and spies, The War for All the Oceans is ?a rollicking, patriotic account of the Napoleonic wars that will go down well with Master and Commander fans? (The Telegraph).
- Author BiographyRoy Adkins is a historian and archaeologist. He is also a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries in London. His previous books include The Keys of Egypt: The Obsession to Decipher Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Dictionary of Roman Religion, and Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome.
- Author(s)Lesley Adkins,Roy Adkins
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.