All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers topics from the brilliant summer nchalance of 1940 to the grim, anymous exhaustion of the bomber crews delivering the infers of Hamburg and Dresden. All the great dramas of the air war are here, described by the men in the British and Commonwealth Air Forces who did the fighting. We accompany them in the desperate days of the fall of France; during the Battle of Britain; and, throughout the agony of Bomber Command; over the high seas, Malta, the desert battles and in the struggle with Japan. This is the second volume in the unique Freedom's Battle trilogy, which provides intensely vivid accounts of war at sea, in the air and on land. Far better than any single narrative, the extracts build up a complete picture of the War as it was experienced by the men and women who actually took part in it.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1932, Gavin Lyall read English Literature at Pembroke College, Cambridge. He is a former RAF pilot and has worked as a journalist with Picture Post and the Sunday Times. His books include The Wrong Side of the Sky, Midnight Plus One, Operation Warboard and Spy's Honour. He died in 2003.
- Author(s)Gavin Lyall
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/06/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16pp b/w photographs
- Weight310 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.