All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the science fiction classic where Martians attack the Earth. Alien invasion vels all owe something to H.G. Wells because this is the grandfather of such tales. A man witnesses the attack of the Martians in Surrey and London as war breaks out between planets. He must get back to his wife, and on his journey, he sees the Martians lay waste to southern England. How can we possibly fight back against a techlogically superior race? This vel has inspired a great many other books, movies, including the torious radio broadcast by Orson Welles in 1938 that caused widespread panic because listeners thought it was real. It all started with this book, and it belongs in every home library. This Large Print Edition is presented in easy-to-read 16 point type.
- Author BiographyH.G. Wells (1866-1946) was an English author best known for his science fiction stories. His work includes The War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, The Invisible Man, The Island of Doctor Moreau, The Food of the Gods, and many others. He also wrote general fiction as well as non-fiction.
- Author(s)H G Wells
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.