Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom concussion doctors pushing science that benefits their hidden business interests to lawyers clamoring for billion-dollar settlements in scam litigation, America's game has become so big that everybody wants a cut. And those chasing the dollars show themselves more than willing to trash a great sport in hot pursuit of a buck. Everything they say about football is wrong. Football players don't commit suicide at elevated levels, die younger than their peers, or suffer disproportionately from heart disease. In fact, professional players live longer, healthier lives than American men in general. More than that, football is America's most popular sport. It brings us together. It is, and has been, a rite of passage for millions of American boys. But fear over concussions and other injuries could put football on ice. School districts are already considering doing away with football as too dangerous. Parents who used to see football as character-building w worry that it may be mind-destroying. Even the president has jumped on the pile by fretting that he might prevent a son from playing if he had one. But as author Daniel J. Flynn reports, football is actually safer than skateboarding, bicycling, or skiing. And in a nation facing an obesity crisis, a little extra running, jumping, and tackling could do us all good. Detailing incontrovertible fact after incontrovertible fact, The War on Football: Saving America's Game rescues reality from the hype--and in doing so may just ensure that football remains America's game.
- Author BiographyDaniel J. Flynn is the author of numerous books, including Blue Collar Intellectuals: When the Enlightened and the Everyman Elevated America (2011). He writes regularly for the American Spectator and blogs at flynnfiles.com. He lives with his wife and children in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Flynn
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date13/12/2014
- Weight434 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.87Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.75
- AU $16.77Trending at AU $18.72
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.96Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.