All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuoyed by the lyrical redemptive voice that characterises McFadden's writing, The Warmest December tells the powerful, deeply moving story of one Brooklyn family and the alcoholism and abuse that marked the years of their lives. Narrated by Kenzie Lowe the story moves fluidly between the past and the present as she visits her dying father and finds that choices she once thought were beyond her control are very much hers to make. The Warmest December is ultimately a cathartic tale of hope, healing and forgiveness.
- Author BiographyBernice L. McFadden: Bernice L. McFadden is the author of seven critically acclaimed novels including the classic Sugar and Glorious, which was featured in Oprah Magazine and selected as the debut title for the One Book, One Harlem program. She is a two-time Hurston/Wright Legacy Award finalist, as well as the recipient of two fiction honor awards from the BCALA. Her sophomore novel, The Warmest December, was praised by Nobel Prize-winning author Toni Morrison as searing and expertly imagined. McFadden lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Bernice L. McFadden
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight228 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.