The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee by John R. Little (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring his lifetime, legendary martial artist Bruce Lee formulated a complex personal philosophy - a synthesis of Eastern and Western ideals - that extolled the virtues of kwledge and total mastery of one's self. However, most of his philosophical writings could be found only within the personal library of the Bruce Lee estate - until w. The Warrior Within is the most comprehensive volume of these teachings, meant to help you apply Lee's philosophies to your own life. This unique guide reveals such life-affirming secrets as: seeing the totality of life and putting things into perspective; understanding the concept of Yin and Yang; defeating adversity by adapting to circumstances; and, tapping into inner spiritual forces to help shape the future. With a foreword by Linda Lee Cadwell and photographs and other memorabilia from Bruce Lee's short but celebrated life, The Warrior Within is an engrossing and easy-to-understand guide to the little-explored world of Bruce Lee. John Little has been identified as one of the foremost authorities on Bruce Lee in the world by Black Belt magazine. He edited a three-volume series for the Bruce Lee estate and has written articles for several publications, including Men's Fitness , Official Karate , and Inside Kung Fu .
- Author BiographyJohn Little is uniquely suited to the task of relating the philosophy of Bruce Lee and his approach to life. Little has a degree in philosophy from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, is the author of two books on health and fitness (having spent over fifteen years as a writer for several fitness magazines), and is himself a student of Lee's art of jeet kune do. Selected by the Bruce Lee estate, Little is the only person who has ever been authorized to review the entirety of Lee's personal notes, sketches, and reading annotations and to edit books on the subject of Lee's martial art and its far-reaching philosophical underpinnings. Little's keen awareness of the subtleties of both Eastern and Western philosophy coupled with a respect for the preservation of the essence of Lee's words and meaning give this book an integrity that is all too rare.
- Author(s)John R. Little
- PublisherContemporary Books Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1996
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContemporary Books Inc
- Content Note30 b&w photographs
- Weight365 g
- Width177 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byLinda Lee Cadwell
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.