All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.91
About this product
- DescriptionArrogance and incence, hubris and hope - twenty-four haunting voices of the Titanic tragedy, as well as the iceberg itself, are evoked in a stunning tour de force. Millionaire John Jacob Astor hopes to bring home his pregnant teen bride with a minimum of media scandal. A beautiful Lebanese refugee, on her way to family in Florida, discovers the first stirrings of love. And an ancient iceberg glides south, anticipating its fateful encounter. The voices in this remarkable re-creation of the Titanic disaster span classes and stations, from Margaret ( the unsinkable Molly ) Brown to the captain who went down with his ship; from the lookout and wireless men to a young boy in search of dragons and a gambler in search of marks. Slipping in telegraphs, undertaker's reports, and other records, poet Allan Wolf offers a breathtaking, intimate glimpse at the lives behind the tragedy, told with clear-eyed compassion and astounding emotional power.
- Author BiographyAllan Wolf, an expert poet and storyteller, is the author of the award-winning New Found Land: Lewis and Clark's Voyage of Discovery and the YA novel Zane's Trace. He lives in Asheville, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Allan Wolf
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight870 g
- Width172 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.