Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe wristwatch is the only jewellery that most men will wear, although many would t want to call it that. A watch may be a practical device for the sole purpose of telling the time as accurately as possible, a complicated machine, a wearable design object, or a status symbol. Some watch wearers, like scuba divers or pilots, rely on their timepieces for safety and survival. Gene Stone's The Watch covers all these things and more. It ranges over the world of watches without prejudice, mixing the old with the new, and the expensive with the ecomical. It introduces the fifty major brands that any watch collector must be familiar with. Essential wisdom on buying, collecting, maintaining and wearing watches is provided. And an encyclopedic glossary offers a crash course in watch lore. Best of all are the more than 500 photographs of terrific watches, including remarkable details of dials and movements, and selected for their beauty and diversity from collections around the world.
- Author BiographyGene Stone, who has been a Peace Corps volunteer, a screenwriter and a journalist, as well as a book, newspaper and magazine editor, has spent the last five years researching the watch business. The author of more than twenty-five books and an avid watch collector, he writes a column on watches for Travel + Leisure GolfMagazine.
- Author(s)Gene Stone
- Date of Publication24/11/2006
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note500 colour images
- Weight1160 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.