All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2010, I set up a camera to take a self-portrait in Times Squares in New York City. After I had the film developed, I looked at the images and found that a man was standing behind me and appeared to be sneering at me. I never thought that I would capture a glance that can last a microsecond. Since then, I have been setting up a camera in public to see if I can capture the gazes of the strangers who walk by me while I am doing everyday, mundane acts. I then look at the images to see if anyone who passed by me had a critical or questioning look on their face or in their body language. I present the images to the world to start a conversation. While I do t kw what the passer-by is thinking, I attempt to reverse the gaze back onto the stranger Haley Morris-Cafeiro.
- Author BiographyHaley Morris-Cafiero is an associate professor and an assistant dean at the Memphis College of Art. Her series of photographs, Wait Watchers, has been featured in more than 50 articles all over the world, and she has appeared on CBS This Morning and NPR. She is the finalist for the Renaissance Prize and has been nominated for the Prix Pictet. She lives in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Amanda de Cadenet,Haley Morris Cafiero
- PublisherMagenta Publishing for the Arts
- Date of Publication07/09/2015
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMagenta Publishing for the Arts
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight1010 g
- Width270 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.