CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $27.03Trending at AU $28.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wave Theory of Angels is Alison MacLeod's compelling mixture of thriller and philosophical exploration. Two widowed fathers named Giles. The first, woodcarver Giles of Beauvais in thirteenth-century France, whose unearthly skill leads the medieval Church to suspect him of heresy. The second, maverick twenty-first-century physicist Giles Carver, who risks his reputation and livelihood for a heretical theory. Both Gileses have daughters named Christina who each fall into a strange coma from which they will t wake. And in their dreams both girls struggle to return to the world that they left behind - a reality which seems to be turning away from them. Are the memories they cling to real? Is the lover they both dream of a protector - or a more sinister presence? And are the men who claim to be their fathers actually someone else entirely 'Part thriller, part philosophical treatise. Quite wonderful' Time Out 'Weaves science with mystery, justified faith with prejudice ...an unfolding thriller in which the big question is whether one can die of an excess of emotion' Independent on Sunday 'A daring investigation of medieval philosophy, modern-day physics, and the relation of both to faith and desire . ..a vel with a passion for ideas. MacLeod has an engaged delight in the stuff of life' The Times Literary Supplement 'Utterly delightful, beautifully written' Alberto Manguel Alison MacLeod was raised in Canada and has lived in England since 1987. She is the author of three vels, The Changeling, The Wave Theory of Angels and Unexploded, and of a collection of stories, Fifteen Modern Tales of Attraction. Unexploded was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2013. Alison MacLeod is Professor of Contemporary Fiction at Chichester University and lives in Brighton.
- Author BiographyAlison MacLeod is the author of the novel The Changeling. Her short stories have been published by Prospect, London Magazine, Pulp.Net and Virago. She lives in Brighton.
- Author(s)Alison Macleod
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight212 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.