All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn exciting intergalactic adventure from shining star Oliver Jeffers, creator of Lost and Found. One day a boy finds an aeroplane in his cupboard. Up, up, up and away he flies, high into the sky. Whizzing past clouds, stars and planets until suddenly, he runs out of petrol! Miles from earth, the boy crashes into the moon and waits. Just as he is beginning to get cold and lonely, a friendly martian appears from the darkness, also with a broken aircraft. Together they come up with a super plan to float the boy back down to earth to collect his toolbox. Can the boy find his way back home safely and will he ever make it back up to the moon to rescue his friend?
- Author BiographyOliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestle Children's Book Prize Gold Award. 'Lost and Found' animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.
- PrizesShortlisted for Kate Greenaway Medal 2009 and Dublin Airport Authority Irish Children's Book of the Year Award: Junior 2008.
- Author(s)Oliver Jeffers
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/09/2007
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width265 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Oliver Jeffers
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 3 To 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.