All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- Description--Are stay-at-home wives old-fashioned and outmoded (at best) or parasites (at worst)? --Is daycare the natural habitat for babies and toddlers? --Is family planning the only responsible choice for married Christian couples? --Are Christian children doomed to rebel against their parents, and ultimately abandon church? --Does the Bible include examples of working wives ? --Can a lovely Christian home actually affect the culture and the ecomy -- just by being there? 25 years ago, The Way Home was the first book to ask all these questions -- and answer them. A bestseller when it first came out, for decades The Way Home has been a source of inspiration and encouragement for married Christian women. It shows how the life plan set out in Titus 2:3-5 brings love and creativity to home, church, and society, and the deadly consequences to all three when women reject it. We have a special mission, and this book explains it step by step. This 25th Anniversary Edition preserves the original book's text, so you can see for yourself how accurate its social predictions were. You will also find a new Preface and Afterthoughts dealing with such topics as Home Business (what kind NOT to start), TV and the Internet (the latest research and some suggestions), Fruitfulness (why trusting God for your family size is t a baby derby ), Modesty (it's important, but it's t about skirt lengths), and where the Patriarchy movement has veered off-course (starting with its name!). Just as thought-provoking as the original edition, the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Way Home brings the Bible's message on family and social roles to an entire new generation of Christian women.
- Author BiographyMary Pride entered the working world at age 15, as a bookkeeper. Paying her own way through college, she earned a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and a Master's degree in Computer Systems Engineering. Later, she studied theology at Covenant Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri. Before she became a Christian in 1977, Mrs. Pride had been active as a radical feminist. From her experience as an insider at the very beginning of the modern feminist movement, she shares a clear assessment of the shortcomings of feminism, and emphasizes the need to develop a new vision of Christian womanhood which is deeply rooted in biblical truth. At the time of writing the original edition of The Way Home, Mrs. Pride and her husband had three children. Twenty-five years later, they have nine, all professing Christians. Their family business publishes a number of books, magazines, and websites devoted to reviving authentic Christian family life.
- Author(s)Mary Pride
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.