All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Way Summer Ends, Thomas Mitchells new full-length book of poems, takes us to places imagined and unimagined, on a quiet, powerful journey characterized by the poets deftness of craft, strong imagery, and lyricism. These poems examine everyday people, places, and situations, where the reader discovers their uniqueness in the dark moon shimmering in an empty whiskey glass, an empty chair, a dismantled clock, its wheels and teeth forever disconnected, or a soldier listening to the song of an automatic, the staccato of a submachine gun. The authors unwavering voiceconfident, generous, and authenticguides us every step of the way, and we understand this experience will endure with us.
- Author BiographyThomas Mitchell studied writing at California State University, Sacramento where he received his MA in English, and worked with the poet, Dennis Schmitz. He earned an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Montana, studying with Richard Hugo, Madeline DeFrees, and William Kittredge. His poems and essays have appeared in numerous journals and anthologies, including The New England Review, New Letters, Quarterly West, The New Orleans Review, California Quarterly, and Where We Are: The Montana Poets Anthology. He taught middle school in Southern Oregon for many years, he lives there still with his wife, Linda.
- Author(s)Thomas Mitchell
- PublisherLost Horse Press
- Date of Publication28/09/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSandpoint
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLost Horse Press
- Weight159 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.