The Way of Silence: Engaging the Sacred in Daily Life by Brother David Steindl-Rast (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe tranquility of order is a dynamic tranquility, the stillness of a flame burning in perfect calm, of a wheel spinning so fast that it seems to stand still. Silence in this sense is t only a quality of the environment, but primarily an attitude, an attitude of listening. Let us give to one ather that gift of silence, so that we can listen together and listen to one ather. Only in this silence will we be able to hear that gentle breath of peace, that music to which the spheres dance, that universal harmony to which we, too, hope to dance. Austrian-born Benedictine monk David Steindl-Rast is one of the most influential and beloved spiritual teachers of our time. For decades, Brother David has divided his time between periods of monastic life at the Mount Saviour Monastery in New York and extensive lecture tours on five continents. He has brought spiritual depth into the lives of countless people, whom he touches through his lectures, his workshops and his writings. Brother David was one of the first Roman Catholics to participate in Buddhist-Christian dialogue, studying under Zen teachers and building bridges between religious traditions. His newest book, The Way of Silence, draws heavily on Buddhist teachings to cultivate the practice of deep listening: turning away from ise and distraction, paying attention, and embracing quiet. The Way of Silence embraces paradox: absence versus presence in silence. Dynamic tranquility. The all-oneness of aloneness. Humbly, trusting in God, you ll practice emptying your mind in order to receive wisdom, insight, and understanding. You ll learn to listen deeply, with a trusting heart and you ll joyously discover a new, interior freedom that will make you feel more vibrant, and more fully alive.
- Author BiographyDavid Steindl-Rast is an Austrian-born Benedictine monk and one of the most influential and beloved spiritual teachers of our time. He has been a monk of Mount Saviour monastery in New York since 1953, dividing his time between monastic life, writing, and worldwide lecturing. He has contributed to a wide range of books and periodicals as well as authored ten books of his own. He is the cofounder of Gratefulness.org, and he was one of the first Roman Catholics to participate in Buddhist-Christian dialogue. He has brought spiritual depth into the lives of countless people through his lectures, workshops, and bestselling books. Alicia (Ramirez de Arellano) von Stamwitz was born in Cuba and immigrated to the United States in 1960. She is an award-winning freelance author and longtime editor with the religious press. Her interviews and profiles of today s most influential spiritual leaders are published internationally. She lives in Missouri with her family. More information can be found at www.aliciavonstamwitz.com
- Author(s)Brother David Steindl-Rast
- PublisherFranciscan Media
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFranciscan Media
- Weight318 g
- Width146 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.