All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $18.07Free postage
- AU $19.00Was:AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionA guidebook for anyone planning to cycle the Way of Saint James Pilgrim route from Le Puy in France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. By using roads with a good surface for touring cyclists, this guide attempts to follow the original pilgrimage route as closely as possible and offers the opportunity to visit every major church and shrine along the way with a few detours to outlying monasteries for good measure. The average distance on most days is only 50km, easily within the compass of the moderately fit. The guide includes routes from Santiago to Finisterre and Padron for those cyclists who want that little 'extra', while several variants are mentioned to cater for the fit and t-so-fit pilgrim. There is a comprehensive kit list and an English-French-Spanish list of essential words for the journey, as well as details of accommodation in gites d'etape, chambres d'hote, hotels, refugios and hostals.
- Author BiographyJohn Higginson is a retired headmaster and lecturer who has explored much of Europe by bike. He has also written the Cicerone cycle-touring guide to The Danube Cycleway and Cycling the River Loire.
- Author(s)John Higginson
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2005
- SubjectCycling Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note60 colour photos, 48 maps and 38 profiles
- Weight260 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.