The Way of the River: My Journey of Fishing, Forgiveness and Spiritual Recovery by Randy Kadish (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Way of the River is a collection of memoirs and autobiographical stories that reflect Randy Kadish's long journey of fly fishing and spiritual recovery. The journey, often difficult, often gratifying, began when he finally admitted to himself that he couldn't communicate, and that his life had become unmanageable. Then, after he asked for help, he looked back into his life and relived the deep pain and loss that began during his very traumatic childhood. To soothe himself with the beauty of the outdoors, he turned to fishing. As he struggled to come to terms with his past, and then with the loss of his parents, he wrote about his journey of recovery, especially of how he was made better by many of the people he met along the way, like Carlos, an immigrant and pier fisherman who seemingly appeared out of where, and then helped Randy see people in a more sympathetic light. (Soon Randy's memoirs appeared in many publications including, The FlyFisher, FlyFishing & Tying Journal, and Yale Anglers' Journal.) Finally, after an unexpected crisis, he found a surprising way to forgive and to connect to the good in the world. The fishing in this collection takes place in and near New York City, including the streams of Westchester, the East and Hudson Rivers, and the lakes of Central and Prospect Parks.
- Author BiographyI'm a native New Yorker. After a good deal of disappointment, I gave up writing. Then my mother passed away, and I found that fishing helped ease my grief. Almost accidently, I wrote and sold a fishing article. Afterwards, my articles and memoirs appeared in many publications, including The Flyfisher, Flyfishing & Tying Journal and Yale Anglers' Journal. To me, much of my writing is about coming to terms with loss, and with a world I can't always understand. In a sense, my writing is autobiographical, as it reflects my own gratifying, but at times, difficult journey of emotional and spiritual recovery. On the long road of my journey, I slowly learned that, even when I don't have answers, I must strive to find forgiveness and self-worth and to connect to the good and the beautiful in the world. (This is how I define spirituality.) I therefore love books where the main characters struggle against inner and outer conflicts and then try to do good.
- Author(s)Randy Kadish
- PublisherSaw Mill River Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaw Mill River Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight225 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.