All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe kw what Haruki Murakami talks about when he talks about running - but did you kw that Japan has the most developed and lucrative running league in the world? Or that one of the biggest events in Japan's sporting calendar is an intensely fought marathon relay race called an 'ekiden', which gets Superbowl-like viewing figures on TV? From the marathon monks who run a thousand marathons in a thousand days in search of spiritual enlightenment, to the car and electronics companies who see their ekiden teams as a badge of corporate hour, Finn takes us on a tour of this complex, contradictory and unique running culture - and discovers what it can do for his own running style and performance.
- Author BiographyAdharanand Finn is the author of Running with the Kenyans.
- Author(s)Adharanand Finn
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.