All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Weather Almanac, Twelfth Edition presents climate and meteorological data including weather trends and patterns dating back 1000 years, natural disasters, and a 20-page glossary. The book features detailed maps, pictures, and tables compiling climate data from various sources, including the National Weather Service and the US Geological Survey. Separate sections, edited from official reports, cover tornadoes, hurricanes, thunderstorms, and lightening, flash floods, and winter storms, including recent disasters such as the Indian Ocean Tsunami and Hurricane Katrina. These chapters serve as a reference for severe weather and extreme conditions.
- Author BiographySteven L. Horstmeyer has filled a variety of professional roles in his career as a meteorologist. He has been a television meteorologist since 1978 in Cincinnati, Ohio, and is Chief Meteorologist at WXIX-FOX19. He has taught meteorology and oceanography courses at a variety of colleges and is currently an adjunct instructor at the College of Mount St. Joseph. In addition, he is a contributing editor to Weatherwise magazine and has authored or coauthored more than a dozen articles. He has also served as a weather consultant to industry and the legal profession on numerous occasions.
- Author(s)Steven L. Horstmeyer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight2536 g
- Width220 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.