All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFormer Marine and amateur scuba diver Bob Mintz, on his first trip offshore since Hurricane Hugo, discovers a sunken German U-Boat where there used to be a large underwater sand mound, a spot where he spearfished. Noting the number on the sub, he decided to investigate it, but what he found mystified him. The sub he found was supposed to have been transferred to the Japanese in 1944 and scuttled after the war. Also, why was a U-Boat doing so close to shore in water so shallow? Bob enlists the help for a former Marine buddy and ex-CIA agent, Jim Hopkins, and what they find leads them on a desperate chase to stop a madman from igniting a nuclear war.
- Author BiographyHerb Bailey is a retired, first time author, with deep ties to the subject matter. A long-time resident of the coast of South Carolina, he served four years in the U.S. Marine Corps, attended Boston University, then came back to Coastal South Carolina and settled. He is a former Television News Anchor and Journalist, as well as a former steel industry executive, and world-famous host of Sales Seminars. This is the first offering by the author; more are in process.
- Author(s)Herb Bailey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight857 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.