Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis sumptuous book draws on wedding garments in the V&A's collection, photographs, letters, memoirs, newspaper accounts and genealogical research to explore the history of the wedding dress and the traditions that have developed around it from 1700 to the present day. It focuses on the white wedding dress which became fashionable in the early nineteenth century and is worn today by women across the world. The book considers the way couturiers and designers have challenged and refreshed the traditional white wedding dress and the influence of the wedding industry, whose antecedents lie in the commercialization of the wedding in Victorian Britain. The Wedding Dress is t only about costume, but also about the cultivation of the image of the bride. This book is a glorious tribute to an exquisite, stylish, glamorous gown, the romance of its evolution and the splendour of its design.
- Author BiographyEdwina Ehrman is a Curator of Textiles and Fashion at the V&A and curator of the exhibition, The Wedding Dress: 300 Years of Bridal Fashions. She was a co-author of The London Look: Fashion from Street to Catwalk (2004) and a contributor to The Englishness of English Dress (2002).
- Author(s)Edwina Ehrman
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Out-of-print date08/03/2014
- Content Note185 colour illustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width240 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.