About this product
- DescriptionJamie has been watching the wee white seal that lives on the beach. At night the wee seal cuddles up to its mother. In the morning she goes out to sea and leaves it alone like a strange white stone on the sand. One day tourists come and crowd the wee seal but Jamie kws just what to do to protect it until its mother comes back...Janis Mackay's lyrical prose tells the story of the tender relationship between a wild baby seal and the young boy who watches over it, while Gabby Grant's soft illustrations brilliantly evoke the landscape of the Orkney Islands.
- Author BiographyJanis Mackay was born and grew up in Edinburgh, but moved to London to study journalism. She has an MA in Creative Writing and has held writer-in-residence posts in both Caithness and Sutherland. She currently lives in Edinburgh, where she teaches creative writing and works as a writer and storyteller. She is the author of the Magnus Fin series, and The Accidental Time Traveller, for older children. Gabby Grant studied illustration at Westminster University, London. She combines illustration with graphic design and prop-making for TV and film, and has worked on programmes ranging from Newsnight to Harry Hill's TV Burp. She is the illustrator of three other Picture Kelpies, The Big Bottom Hunt by Lari Don, and Lewis Clowns Around and Harris the Hero, by Lynne Rickards.
- Author(s)Janis Mackay
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitlePicture Kelpies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width265 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gabby Grant
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.