Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWinnie Maas died because she changed her mind ...A community is left reeling after a teacher -- Arld Maager -- is convicted of murdering his female pupil Winnie Maas. It seems the girl had been pregnant with Maager's child. Years later, on her eighteenth birthday, Maager's daughter Mikaela finally learns the terrible truth about her father. Desperate for answers, Mikaela travels to the institution at Lejnice, where Maager has been held since his trial. But soon afterwards she inexplicably vanishes. Detective Inspector Ewa More from the Maardam Police is on holiday in the area when she finds herself drawn into the case of Mikaela's disappearance. But before she can make any headway in the investigation, Maager himself disappears -- and then a body is found. It will soon become clear to Ewa that only unravelling the events of the past will unlock this dark mystery ...
- Author BiographyHakan Nesser is one of Sweden's most popular crime writers, receiving numerous awards for his novels featuring Inspector Van Veeteren, including the European Crime Fiction Star Award (Ripper Award) 2010/11, the Swedish Crime Writers' Academy Prize (three times) and Scandinavia's Glass Key Award. The Van Veeteren series is published in over 25 countries and has sold over 10 million copies worldwide. Hakan Nesser lives in Gotland with his wife and spends part of each year in the UK.
- Author(s)Hakan Nesser
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Van Veeteren Series
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date23/06/2015
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Interest AgeFrom To 100
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.