All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Interesting facts and figures on every aspect of Germany's ground forces during World War II The Wehrmacht encompassed the entire German armed forces during World War II. Rising from the ashes of the post-World War I Reichswehr in 1935, the Wehrmacht became one of the cornerstones of Hitler's re-assertion of German military might. More than 18 million men passed through the ranks of the Wehrmacht over of the 10 years of its existence. World War II Data Book: The Wehrmacht, 1935-45 focuses on the German land forces, with chapters on the history of the German Army, pre-war development, command structures, infantry, armoured formations, artillery and support services. The book offers interesting facts and figures of every sort, from infantry tactical doctrine through the make-up of a Type 1944 infantry division to the number of operational panzers Rommel had at his disposal during the El Alamein campaign and the types of artillery employed in the Atlantic Wall fortifications before the D-Day landings. Including colour artworks of key equipment and weapons, reference tables diagrams, maps and charts, all the core data is presented in easy-to-follow formats. Packed with hundreds of helpful illustrations, World War II Data Book: The Wehrmacht, 1935-45 offers military history enthusiasts key data on every aspect of Germany's ground forces during World War II.
- Author BiographyMichael E. Haskew has been writing and researching military history subjects for more than 25 years. He is the editor of WWII History Magazine, the author of The Sniper At War, Order of Battle: Western Allied Armies and The Encyclopedia of Elite Forces In World War II, and has contributed to numerous other books and periodicals. Mr. Haskew also served as editor of The World War II Desk Reference with the Eisenhower Center For American Studies. He lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Michael E. Haskew
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Note150 b/w and colour photographs, maps
- Weight816 g
- Width189 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.