All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica's ever-expanding waistline: We see it, hear about it, and worry about it! But can anything be done about it?People today work harder and take better care of their health than any previous generation. So how could two-thirds of us fail to measure up when it comes to eating right and exercising? HBO and the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences have joined together to bring you the nation's foremost experts and definitive research on weight and weight loss. The Weight of the Nation explains how we got to this unhealthy place and how we can get to a healthy weight by overcoming the forces that drive us to eat too much and move too little. The Weight of the Nation answers crucial questions about yo-yo dieting, how metabolism functions, why stress affects weight, and how to keep weight off forever. Based on the rich research behind HBO's documentary series, The Weight of the Nation is the only book that tells it like it is: losing weight is hard, keeping it off is even harder, and there's quick fix. Weight loss takes a lot of work and a lifetime commitment, but thousands have done it and this book will show you how.
- Author BiographyJOHN HOFFMAN is Executive Producer of HBO's The Weight of the Nation. He has won Emmy(r) awards for the documentary series The Alzheimer's Project and Addiction, among others. JUDITH SALERNO, MD, MS is the Leonard D. Schaeffer Executive Officer of the Institute of Medicine (IOM), the health arm of the National Academy of Sciences. She is a nationally recognized leader in health policy. ALEXANDRA MOSS is Co-Producer of HBO's The Weight of the Nation.
- Author(s)Dr John Hoffman,Judith A Salerno
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byDean and Professor of Public Policy Sanford School of Public Policy Kelly D Brownell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.