All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when idealism and reality crash into each other (and you)?If you have ever passionately invested yourself in living your faith, championing a cause, or representing some ble ideal, you ve probably experienced a faceoff between idealism and reality. Society often recognizes its deficits poverty, crime, divisiveness, anxiety, excess yet it rarely celebrates the rise of people who want to change those shortcomings. Still, many of us chip away at the world as it is, believing that a better world is possible. While in that place where we work to see good come about, we meet resistance almost daily: between dreams and disappointment, between wholeness and dysfunction, between past and future.This can lead to frustration, bitterness, disillusionment, loneliness, and exhaustion. It can lead to people abandoning the church, faith, and God. . . or just becoming more passive, less passionate versions of their former faith-charged selves.Don t give in! This book is your survival guide. You can champion your cause and your faith, even in a broken and dysfunctional world. Stay in the race and take this guide along as source of fuel, rest, and encouragement along the way.
- Author BiographySARAH CUNNINGHAM is an idea junkie who blogs about extraordinary friendships in a sometimes too ordinary world. She and her husband, Chuck, live in southern Michigan, where they serve as chief servants to the Emperor Justus, her 3 year old son and his newly-appointed chief of staff, the 5-month old, Malachi. She has authored three other books, does freelance event and communications work and attends a Wesleyan church plant that meets at her city's YMCA.
- Author(s)Sarah Cunningham
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Weight313 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.07Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.