All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith more than 180,000 copies sold since its original publication, The Well-Tended Perennial Garden has proven itself to be one of the most useful tools a gardener can have. Now, in this expanded edition, there's even more to learn from and enjoy. This is the first, and still the most thorough, book to detail essential practices of perennial care such as deadheading, pinching, cutting back, thinning, disbudding, and deadleafing, all of which are thoroughly explained and illustrated. More than 200 new color photographs have been added to this revised edition, showing perennials in various border situations and providing images for each of the entries in the A-to-Z encyclopedia of important perennial species. In addition, there is a new 32-page journal section, in which you can enter details, tes, and observations about the requirements and performance of perennials in your own garden. Thousands of readers have commented that The Well-Tended Perennial Garden is one of the most useful and frequently consulted books in their gardening libraries. This new, expanded edition promises to be an even more effective ally in your quest to create a beautiful, healthy, well-maintained perennial garden.
- Author BiographyTracy DiSabato-Aust, aka the Queen of Deadheading, has earned international acclaim as one of America's most entertaining and knowledgeable garden writers and professional speakers. She has extensive experience in the United States and abroad, working for over 30 years in the industry, speaking for over 25 years and designing for over 20 years. Her experience includes stints at Longwood Gardens in the U.S., The Montreal Botanical Garden in Canada, the Kalmthout Arboretum in Belgium, and Knightshayes Court in England. She earned a B.S. and M.S. in Horticulture from The Ohio State University. Her first book, The Well-Tended Perennial Garden, which has been referred to by many as the bible for perennial maintenance, has become Timber Press' best selling book in their publishing history. Her second book, The Well-Designed Mixed Garden, brings her trademark exuberance, expertise, and efficiency to bear on frequently daunting elements of garden design, demystifying them with her direct approach. Tracy is a gifted and award winning designer who combines artistic vision with practical horticultural strategies. DiSabato-Aust is a frequent guest on national garden television and radio gardening shows. She is a dynamic speaker, and in great demand nationally and internationally on the lecture circuit. Venues include England's Royal Horticultural Society Garden, Wisley, The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, The English Gardening School, the Oxford Botanic Garden, the Smithsonian Institute, the Perennial Plant Association, and numerous botanical gardens and professional association meetings. She was awarded the 2004 Garden Media Award from the Perennial Plant Association. This award recognizes an individual whose educational and promotional efforts have resulted in a heightened awareness of perennials and the perennial industry. Tracy has contributed articles or been featured in numerous national and international magazines, books, and newspapers. Magazines include: Fine Gardening (she is a contributing editor), Horticulture, Country Gardens, Garden Gate, Organic Gardening, Midwest Living, American Nurseryman, Real Simple, and Garden Design. The New York Times, the Daily Telegraph in London, England, and the National Post, (Toronto, Canada) have all published articles on Tracy. When she's not out working in the garden, Tracy is working out in the gym. A self-professed fitness fanatic, Tracy is a competitive triathlete who also appears in fitness training DVDs. She currently resides in Ohio with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Tracy DiSabato-Aust
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2006
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note276 color photos, 19 line drawings
- Weight1315 g
- Width187 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Expanded edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.