All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wentworth Lectures hour the contribution of Sir William (Bill) Wentworth to the creation of AIATSIS in 1964; w a world-rewned research, collecting and publishing organisation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander cultures, traditions, languages and stories. This collection reflects the changing values in society and the evolution of ethical research in Australia. They are a fitting symbol of Australias maturing nationhood and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the first peoples of the land, of their resilience and journey to reclaim and preserve their identity, their histories, their cultural heritage - their stories. In the thirty-six years since the first lecture, there have been eighteen Wenthworth lecturers, all of whom were given full rein as to the topic and content. To some extent all deal with wider political, social and ecomic, and in some cases, religious, factors. Taken together, they are a veritable whos who of the leading intellectuals in the field.
- Author BiographyEditor Bob Tonkinson was Professor of Anthropology at the University of Western Australia before retirement in 2004. He has had a fifty-year association with Western Desert s Martu people.
- Author(s)Robert Tonkinson
- PublisherAboriginal Studies Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCanberra, ACT
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAboriginal Studies Press
- Weight634 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.