All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionGuide to walking the West Highland Way National Trail from Milngavie, Glasgow to Fort William. This popular 95-mile long-distance route takes under a week. It starts by passing through the lush lowlands rth of Milngavie into the rugged landscapes of Loch Lomond, Glen Falloch and Strath Fillan before heading for Ranch Moor and Black Mount. Touching briefly on Glencoe, it climbs finally to the hidden glen of Lairig Mor before finishing in Fort William. Step-by-step route description is illustrated with extracts from OS mapping and colour photos and includes information about the Way's ancient history and geology along the way. Lots of useful tips on preparing for a trekking trip, what to take and how to plan your itinerary (with suggestions for 6, 7 and 8-day schedules). This guidebook also contains a route description of the Way from Fort William to Glasgow (rth to south).
- Author BiographyTerry Marsh is a well-known outdoor writer. As a leading light in the Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild, he has written extensively on long-distance trails in the UK and also about Scotland's national parks.
- Author(s)Terry Marsh
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Out-of-print date15/07/2016
- Content Note21 colour maps and 40 colour photos
- Weight159 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.