All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe West and Beyond explores the state of Western Canadian history, showcasing the research interests of a new generation of scholars while charting new directions for the future and stimulating further interrogation of our past. This dynamic collection encourages dialogue among generations of historians of the West and among practitioners of diverse approaches to the past. It also reflects a broad range of disciplinary and professional boundaries, offering new ways to understand the West.
- Author BiographyAlvin Finkel has taught Canadian history at Athabasca University since 1978. Best known for his co-authorship with Margaret Conrad of the two-volume History of the Canadian Peoples, his other publications include The Social Credit Phenomenon in Alberta and Our Lives: Canada After 1945 and Social Policy and Practice in Canada: A History. Sarah Carter is Professor and Henry Marshall Tory Chair in both the Department of History and Classics and the Faculty of Native Studies at the University of Alberta. She is the author of The Importance of Being Monogamous: Marriage and Nation Building in Western Canada to 1915 and Montana Women Homesteaders: A Field of One's Own. Peter Fortna is a historical and traditional land use consultant in the Fort McMurray area. He was the co-organizer of The West and Beyond: Historians Past, Present and Future conference, on which The West and Beyond is based. Contibutors: Dominique Clement, Bruce Dawson, Amber Dean, Lyle Dick, Matt Dyce, Gerald Friesen, Elizabeth Jameson, Esyllt Jones, Susan Joudrey, Jennifer Kelly Dan Cui, Valerie Korinek, Kathryn McKay, James Opp, Robyn Read, Jeffrey Taylor, Robert Wardhaugh, Lauren Wheeler, Winona Wheeler, John Willis
- Author(s)Alvin Finkel,Peter Fortna,Sarah Carter
- PublisherAU Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThe West Unbound: Social and Cultural Studies
- Place of PublicationEDMONTON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAU Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map, ports.
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.