All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis full-term study of the Western European Union (WEU) brings to life the history of Europe's search for a co-operative security and defence order, from its post World War II origins to the present day. Establishing the WEU as a support organization, designed to promote the two security ideas of collective defence and integration through the primary organizations of Alliance and Community, this book offers a window onto the challenges faced in the development and management of NATO and the evolving EC/EU over time. As the WEU's historical journey unfolds, the frequently competing visions of the future organization of the European security space are exposed in the fluctuating nature of its own functional evolution and devolution. A hybrid organization driven by its dual support role, the constructively ambiguous and conveniently automous WEU was to provide a mechanism through which divergent interests could converge and inherent tensions be relieved, preventing NATO and EC/EU stagnation. This book offers fresh insight into the means by which the gradual transformation of the institutional framework of European security was enabled, and stakes the WEU's claim as a fundamental and life-long contributor to the stability of the European security system.
- Author BiographySally Rohan is a European Security specialist and Senior Lecturer with King's College, London. Based at the UK's Defence Academy, she has presented widely on European Security issues, has served as UK faculty member of the European Security and Defence College, and is a life-member of the Central European Academy of Science and Art.
- Author(s)Sally Rohan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleBritish Politics and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.