Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA wordless epic sea adventure There is a legend that a Great Spotted Whale lives in the ocean, although a sighting fifty years ago was never corroborated. Now two young whale watchers each set out to find the whale, one armed with sound-recording equipment, the other with a camera. When their boats collide, they pool their resources to capture incontrovertible proof that the mythical whale exists. The eventual sighting is a magical moment, especially when the children discover that it was their own grandparents who first glimpsed the whale fifty years ago. The Murrows spectacular wordless adventure is brought to life with stunning graphite drawings that convey the drama and haunting beauty of the ocean and capture the majesty of the awe-inspiring whale.
- Author BiographyVita Murrow is currently director of the Greater Boston Jewish Coalition for Literacy at the Jewish Community Relations Council. She has worked as a teacher, an educational consultant, and in the films department at the Sesame Workshop. She is also a motion media artist and filmmaker. Ethan Murrow shows his drawing, film, and video work internationally and has exhibited in Paris, New York, Seattle, and Los Angeles. Dust, a short film he collaborated on with wife, Vita, and Harvest Films, was an official selection of the 2008 New York Film Festival. Ethan Murrow is currently a faculty member at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Author(s)Vita Murrow
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width277 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ethan Murrow
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $27.65
- AU $26.61Trending at AU $30.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.