The Whartons' Stretch Book: Featuring the Break-through Method of Active-Isolated Stretching by Phil Wharton, Jim Wharton (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you're a serious competitor or weekend warrior, you kw that proper stretching before and after your workout can improve your performance, increase your flexibility, help prevent injury, and make you feel better. But did you kw that the traditional way of stretching -- lock your knees, bounce, hold, hurt, hold longer -- actually makes muscles tighter and more prone to injury?There's a new and better way to stretch: Active-Isolated Stretching. And with The Whartons' Stretch Book, the method used successfully by scores of professional, amateur, and Olympic athletes is w available to everyone.This groundbreaking technique, developed by researchers, coaches, and trainers, and pioneered by Jim and Phil Wharton, is your new exercise prescription. The routine is simple: First, you prepare to stretch one isolated muscle at a time. Then you actively contract the muscle opposite the isolated muscle, which will then relax in preparation for its stretch. You stretch it gently and quickly -- for more than two seconds -- and release it before it goes into its protective contraction. Then you repeat. Simple, but the results are outstanding. The Whartons' Stretch Book explains it all. Part I contains the Active-Isolated Stretch Catalog, with fully illustrated, easy-to-follow stretches for each of five body zones, from neck and shoulders to trunk, arms, and legs -- over fifty stretches in all. Part II offers specific stretching prescriptions for over fifty-five sports and activities, from running, tennis, track, and aerobics to skiing, skating, and swimming. You'll also find advice on stretching for daily activities such as driving, working at a desk, lifting, andkeyboarding. Part III discusses stretching for life, with specific recommendations for expectant mothers and older athletes. It also includes specific stretching exercises that could help you avoid unnecessary surgery.Give Active-Isolated Stretching a try for three weeks. You'll never go back to your old stretching routines again.
- Author Biography<b>Jim Wharton</b>, an exercise physiologist known as The Mechanic (for his ability to finely tune athletes), and his son, <b>Phil</b>, a competitive long-distance runner, are the President and Vice President of Maximum Performance International. Their Active-Isolated Stretching technique is taught in fitness centers and clinics around the world. The Whartons are internationally-known personal trainers who have worked with luminaries in the sports world, from professional football players to Olympic gold medalists.
- Author(s)Jim Wharton,Phil Wharton
- PublisherTimes Books
- Date of Publication31/07/1996
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationWestminster
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimes Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.