All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is t as easy to understand the past as many who have written it would have us believe. The historians who look at it from the Protestant, progressive, 19th Century gentleman viewpoint are defined by Professor Butterfield as the Whig historians. The Whig historian studies the past with reference to the present. He looks for agency in history. And, in his search for origins and causes, he can easily select those facts that give support to his thesis and thus eliminate other facts equally important to the total picture.
- Author(s)Herbert Butterfield
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/04/1965
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight140 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.